Prof. Anand Sharan proposed 31 October 2156 BCE as the first day of Mahabharata War.
Let’s evaluate this proposal, per the method and steps described here:
(1) Per his proposal, let’s calculate the day Bhishma fell in the battle = 9 November 2156 BCE (10th day of the War)
(2) Prof. Anand Sharan proposed 7 January 2155 BCE as the day of Bhishma Nirvana. The tithi can be taken as Magha Krishna 3.
(3) Prof. Anand Sharan proposed his day of Bhishma Nirvana in such as way so as to have Bhishma on bed of arrows for 58 nights. In reality, per his proposal, Bhishma was on the bed of arrows for 59 nights!
(4) Per proposal of Prof. Anand Sharan, Bhishma was on the bed of arrows for 59 nights (9 November 21569 BCE – 7January 2155 BCE).
(5) Please refer to specific numbers and descriptions of Mahabharata text observations here.
Mahabharata references 1, 15, and 17 corrborate proposal of Prof. Anand Sharan.
Mahabharata references 2,3, 4 do not conflict/contradict proposal of Anand Sharan. I had to invent this new category to deal with criticism for claims by Mahabharata researchers when they did not take into account specific and relevant obserations of Mahabharata text, which they (these researchers) should have taken into account.
(6) Mahabharata references 5 through 14, 16 & 18 (12 of them) conflict/contradict this claimed timeline by Anand Sharan.
(7) Versimilitude (Truthlikeness) score (Anand Sharan) = 3 (corrborated) – 12 (conflicted/contradicted) = – 9
(8) Mahabharata references 6, 13 & 14 (related to Bhishma Nirvana) FALSIFY proposal of Prof. Anand Sharan.
(9) AV observation (chapter 6), numerous planetary observations (chapter 7), observations of phases and positions of the moon through 18 days of the War (chapter 8), all of them FALSIFY proposal of Prof. Anand Sharan.
Chapter references refer to chapters in my book: When did the Mahabharata War Happen?: The Mystery of Arundhati.